What is the VB Strong Center?
- The VB Strong Center is a no-cost starting point for 5-31 victims to make connections with services and providers for the purpose of long term healing and support.
Who are the One-to-One services for?
Below are some highlights of who the center is designed to serve. However, we encourage anyone impacted by the events of 5-31-2019 to reach out and get more information. The best way to know for sure what we can provide is to talk directly with one of our team members.
- Individuals impacted by the loss of a loved one, friend, family member, family member of choice and/or co-worker
- Individuals present at the time of the event and in the immediate surrounding areas – including Emergency Communications personnel
- Everyone who was part of the rescue, response and recovery efforts in the hours and days after; including emergency healthcare staff in area hospitals and transport teams
What can be provided in One-to-One services?
Listed here are just a sample of the types of services and connections that can be made when working with a VB Strong Center Navigator. The goal of our services is to help identify symptoms directly related to the events of 5-31 and address obstacles that may be in the way of recovery and healing:
- Connection with the Virginia Victim’s Fund
- Linkage to needed:
- Behavioral Health services
- Financial/Estate Planning
- Job Rehabilitation services
- Nutrition and well being programs
- Crisis and Symptom Reduction Advocacy and support
- Other connections as identified
What if I am a community member without a direct connection to 5-31?
We want to hear from you! While one-to-one services are designed for specific individuals – our group programs, special events, as well as future community engagements are for EVERYONE! Anyone can participate in a class or program and they can all be found on the Events page.
What if I am a City of Virginia Beach Employee and want to help my team?
Give the VB Strong Center a call and we will work with you to establish the type of program, the timing, and resources needed to bring an activity or information to you. Call 757-507-7200 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org