Crisis Text Line – This helpline offers free 24/7 support for individuals struggling with emotional crises.
- Text the message “COPE” to 741-741 to speak with someone now
Disaster Distress Helpline – This helpline is for anyone experiencing significant emotional distress related to a mass crime or major disaster. Mass violence victims are specifically encouraged to contact the helpline, either by telephone or SMS/text, at the numbers below:
- Call 1.800.985.5990 – English (with a Spanish-speaking option)
- Text “TalkWithUs” (or “Hablanos” for Spanish language assistance) to 66746
- In Puerto Rico, Spanish Speakers can text “Hablanos” to 1-787-339-2663
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – This helpline provides free and confidential emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will be routed to the closest crisis center based on your area code. Local counselors have access to community mental health resources and can provide referrals.
- 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-799-4889); TTY: 1-800-799-4889
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline also has chat available, 24 hours a day. Chat with someone now, by clicking here