First Responder Program
Fire, Police, Sheriff, State Troopers, EMS, and Emergency Communications personnel who were involved in the response to the 5-31 tragedy, a part of the investigation, and the Honor Guard are URGED to participate in this program.
This program provides CONFIDENTIAL access to mental health services AT NO COST.
Have you noticed the following symptoms seem to keep popping up?
- Tension headaches
- Clenching your jaw or fist
- Grinding your teeth
- Back aches
- Problems with attention
- Concentration, focus
- Lack of interest in activities
- Problems with sleep
- Loss of appetite, or over indulgence in food or alcohol
- Just not feeling like yourself
HOW TO GET STARTED:
There are two choices:
- Schedule an appointment with your preferred licensed mental health professional and let them know that you are a First Responder affected by the 5/31 tragedy in Virginia Beach.
- If your provider is not familiar with the VB Strong Center, please have them call us at 757-507-7200. We will work with them to get everything set up.
- Call the VB Strong Center at 757-507-7200 and let us know you are a First Responder (You do NOT have to provide your name or any identifying information) who has been affected by the 5/31 tragedy in Virginia Beach and we will make sure you have several providers to choose from to connect with.
You make the appointment. We’ll take care of the rest!
- Your information will remain confidential at all times, and the clinician will not provider your name or any other identifying information to the VB Strong Center.
- You will not receive a bill from the provider, and your health insurance will not be billed.
You have built a career around serving others. Now, let us serve you. Call us today to get started!