To register for any event, please call 757-507-7200 or email email@example.com.
Youth Suicide: Risk & Prevention
May 7, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
*Presented by CHKD and EVMS
Click here to view the full brochure.
A mental health crisis among children and teens emerged nationwide before the pandemic took hold of everyone’s lives. Today, mental health concerns have skyrocketed as so many kids struggle with virtual school, social isolation, and the stress of constant change.
In this virtual event, national and local mental health experts will discuss:
• Suicide prevention and self harm behavior among youth of color.
• Professional and family safety plans for lethal means.
• Suicide evaluation tools.
• Treatment overviews.
• The power of a lived experience.
• Prevention through teaching emotional regulation early.
• Building resiliency.
• Creating a road map to help families with children struggling with suicidal ideation.
Professionals seeking CME or CEUs $30
Other professionals or parents/caregivers $10
* A limited number of scholarships are available. If you find yourself in need of support to attend, please contact: Sam Fabian at Sandra.Fabian@CHKD.org.