To register for any event, please call 757-507-7200 or email email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
REVIVE! Opioid Overdose and Naloxone Education for Virginia Training
May 16, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
The VB Strong Center in partnership with Sentara healthcare respectfully invites you to participate in this training presented by:
the Department of Human Services, Police Department, Department of Public Health, and Emergency Medical Services in Virginia Beach.
Trainings are free of charge and there are no residency restrictions.
Naloxone medication will be available to participants.
REVIVE! is Virginia’s Opioid Overdose and Naloxone Education (ONE) program, helping people learn how to recognize and respond to opioid overdose emergencies by administering naloxone, a medication that can reverse the effects of an opioid overdose. Medical experience is helpful but not necessary!
- Currently using opioids such as heroin or prescription pain medications?
- Abstinent from opioid use, but have used in the past?
- A friend or family member of someone who currently uses opioids?
- Working in a setting where opioid overdoses occur?
- Interested in learning how to save lives?
If so, then consider attending a REVIVE! Lay Rescuer Training.
Come to a REVIVE! Lay Rescuer Training event to learn:
- How opioid overdoses happen and how naloxone works
- How to recognize overdoses
- Risk factors for overdoses and myths about overdose reversal
- How to administer naloxone
To Register and for more information:
Call 757-385-0800 or 757-385-0802
Seating is limited and registration is required
Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Time: 5:30pm to 7:00pm
Location: EMS Training Center 4160 Virginia Beach Boulevard, VA Beach, VA 23452