To register for any event, please call 757-507-7200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
Camp Lighthouse: A Beacon of Hope for Grieving Families
October 14, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The VB Strong Center in partnership with Sentara healthcare cordially invites you to a Sentara sponsored program.
Camp Lighthouse is a two-day camp for children and teens dealing with the loss of a loved one. Trained professionals and volunteers help children and their families explore issues related to grief, walking beside them as they take the steps needed to heal.
The camp is for children from kindergarten through teens and young adults who have experienced the death of a close family member or loved one in the past two years. Parents, grandparents and caregivers are also encouraged to participate in their own adult group.
Contact Camp Lighthouse
Please email us at email@example.com with any questions. Or, please call on the Southside at 757-553-3330
Things to consider for your children, yourself, and the family after a loss of a family member or loved one:
1. The impact on the family has been overwhelming and stressful.
2. Child (ren) are expressing uncharacteristically behaviors.
3. Normal activities are challenging and/or there is no enjoyment for life.
4. There is a fear of forming relationships.
5. Have you noticed unexplainable mood swings or uncontrollable numbness inside?
Saturday and Sunday, October 14 – 15, 2023
9 a.m. – 4 p.m. each day
Triple R Ranch
3531 Bunch Walnuts Road
Chesapeake, VA 23322